Coxswain Investments Limited is an integrated company with business interests in furniture and jewelry. The company has presence in Nigeria and 4 other African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Job Code: Acc 003
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Accountant in Lagos.
- The accountant will support the Chief Finance Officer and other Finance team members in managing the Finance and Accounting function of the Company.
- The accountant will operate under the core leadership of the CEO and CFO and is responsible for the Financial Accounting and management across the different businesses of the company.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Financial Management / Governance (60%)
- Financial Reporting / Documentation (20%)
- Tax Management (10%)
- Customer and Vendor Management (10%)
- Manage the project financial system to meet management and other stakeholders’ requirements.
- Develop and continuous management of annual budget and forecast to ensure adequacy and strict adherence.
- Analyze monthly actual expenditure against budgets, identify variances and ensure that the necessary follow up action is taken up with CFO and other relevant staff.
- Ensure that Management specific reports and any other reports that may be demanded are properly and timely prepared to meet deadlines.
- Implement and ensure compliance of the company Policies, Processes, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in all transactions and reporting.
- Constantly review the financial policies, control, and procedures to test their adequacy.
- Overall responsible Funds management, including managing cash, and the multi-currency bank accounts held by the company.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual financials.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures and general accounting practices.
- Provide relevant financial information and report that would assist the CEO and other management staff in decision making
- Manage taxation related issues, incl. timely remittance, accurate preparation and timely filling of returns.
- Support in the preparation of end year of financial audit and work with the external auditors during audit
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of receipts and expenses
- Analyze expenses and cost to proffer solution or make recommendations that ensures that company resources are judiciously and efficiently utilized.
- Ensure that all paper works, and proper authorization are obtained before payments are processed.
- Ensure that all relevant transaction support documents are obtained, organized and filed – Invoice, receipts, Purchase order, Goods Received Notes etc.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or HND.
- Relevant Professional qualifications – ACCA, ICAN is an advantage.
Experience, Skills, and Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in medium size organization.
- Experience with multi-business / branch company.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with partners, staff, and colleagues with a high level of tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated excellent sense of responsibility and discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and organize financial documents.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and accurate reports.
- Good knowledge of accounting software- SAGE and basic computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other multimedia communication platforms like skype.
- Exceptional ability to multitask, work independently and autonomously.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Accountant Acc 003” as the subject of the mail.