Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors.
With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
About the Role
- As our business grows, we are looking for a Compliance Officer to join our team and take responsibility for ensuring that the company and business units within the company meet all regulatory obligations and internal compliance policy requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Utilise banking systems to investigate and research transactional information to ensure that financial crimes requirements are met
- Assist the law enforcement agencies in financial crime investigations, fact-finding, transaction monitoring and reporting
- Collaborate with relevant departments in the company to ensure efficient data analysis and data-gathering for law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities
- Utilise internal and external applications to assist in financial crime investigations
- Working closely with the Data Analytics, Internal Audit, Legal and Fraud teams in handling investigations, setting up controls, monitoring and reporting system
- Support effective communication with law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities
- Conduct enhanced due diligence on customers, understand transaction patterns and other suspicious activity
- Manage cases and prepare electronic files with complete and accurate data to maintain the integrity of our compliance programme
- Provide technical advice on issues relating to financial crime and fraud
- Support in areas relating to AML/CFT, KYC, fraud and AB&C policies
- Develop and monitor implementation of financial crime policies in line with company’s risk appetite
- Degree in a relevant Business discipline
- 4 years (minimum) of previous work experience in compliance, financial crime investigations experience within banking and financial services industry strongly preferred
- Experience analysing transactions in a compliance role within the banking or financial services environment
- Good understanding and experience of financial crime within the general banking and financial services environment
- Substantial technical knowledge of applicable Nigerian financial crime regulatory requirements
- Track record of creative problem-solving, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and creation of strong and trusted cross-functional relationships
- Proactive personality and eagerness to learn about the business, the industry and novel regulatory compliance issues
- Ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel.
- Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’.
- Competitive salary package
- Pension scheme
- Private medical plan
- 20 days of holiday plus public holidays
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online