Mentor IMC Group offers more than 25 years oil & gas sector exclusive expertise in providing experienced project management and technical specialists to the world’s leading oil & gas companies. We assist our clients to implement and execute onshore and offshore projects by providing a reliable source of high quality project expertise primarily on a secondment basis.
We operate from our own offices located in Europe, S.E. Asia, Korea, Australia and USA. Mentor IMC Group supplies national and internationally experienced Project Specialists from the initial Conceptual / FEED stage onwards i.e. through Engineering, Construction, Commissioning and Operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator – Nigeria
Location: Maiduguri with travel to Abuja, Monguno, and Lagos when required
Reporting to: Country Director (CD) Nigeria, Grants Manager (HQ) for technical matters
- The Logistics Coordinator for the Nigeria emergency programmes will work to provide logistical support to the MENTOR technical team within vector borne disease case management, vector control, organisation of Emergency Preparedness and Response, and IEC/BCC.
- This post will work with MoH, UNHCR, other UN agencies, NGO and FBO teams to help ensure that all vulnerable IDP and refugee populations in target areas have access to quality malaria and other vector borne diseases case management and prevention.
- This will be achieved through a combination of support from the base in Maiduguri and from field basis.
The responsibilities of this post include the following:
Logistics General Management:
- Ensure proper implementation of logistics procedures for warehousing and asset management, fleet and fuel management, communications systems and maintenance, local procurement and overall programme logistics support for activities.
- Coordinate and ensure the maintenance, repair and installation (when necessary), of all vehicles, generators, communication equipment and IT materials.
- Support the CD with daily management of the running, maintenance and security of MENTOR real-estate.
- Coordinate the logistical filing system to include all equipment manuals, maintenance schedules and logs documentation e.g. way bills, stock cards/requests, etc.
- Responsible for programme Asset Management and disposal. Ensure all programme assets are fully recorded, monitored and maintained as required.
- Keep current documentation, maintenance and insurance of all MENTOR vehicles and ensure a proper usage of vehicle log books, fuel consumption, daily / weekly routine checks (incl. fuel stocks and logs completed and recorded daily).
- Oversee selection/identification and maintenance of the office/accommodation facilities and their related utilities, ensuring safe and standard living and working conditions for all MENTOR sites.
- Office / accommodation set-up / up-keep
- Procurement, installation and maintenance of essential items for the work bases – Maiduguri and Monguno – and for the expat accommodation (generator, internet, water supply, computers, and communications equipment).
- In close collaboration with CD, ensure security precautions are adequate as per context requirements.
- If required, source secure warehousing facilities.
- Organise for full security assessments of the areas where MENTOR is operational.
- In collaboration with CD, ensure the set up and regular update of security guidelines for MENTOR team members in the Nigeria mission.
- Directly responsible for all logistical aspects of security management (fence, vehicles, security training of drivers and guards, comms etc).
- Manage on a daily basis the movement plan of the staff.
- First point of contact for security matter – internal and external.
- Ensure that MENTOR procurement procedures are applied and respected at all levels.
- Ensure consignment and Customs clearance of goods for their expected arrival in Maiduguri and follow up on tax exemptions process.
- Responsible for the procurement of equipment for the programme start-up (incl. comms equipment, VBD control equipment, vehicles).
- Directly responsible for all local procurement of programme entrants and operational support items.
- Work with the Grants Manager at HQ, at organisational level, on international procurement.
- Coordinate and ensure the contracts, small maintenance and repair of all vehicles.
- Ensure the proper usage of vehicle log books, fuel consumption, daily / weekly routine checks.
- Keep current documentation, maintenance of all vehicles used by the MENTOR Initiative Nigeria Emergency Programme.
- Ensure that MENTOR standard procedures are in place for stock management at all levels (stock cards, waybills, stock requests, inventories).
- Coordinate and ensure the maintenance and repair of all generators, communication equipment and IT equipment.
- Responsible for the setup of a complete, transparent and detailed list of assets. Ensure all The MENTOR Initiative Nigeria Emergency Programme assets are recorded and monitored / maintained.
- Coordinate the logistical filing system to include all equipment manuals, maintenance schedules and logs documentation e.g. way bills.
- Recruitment of assistant logisticians, drivers and guards as required and following MENTOR standard recruitment procedures.
- Capacity building and Training on a regular basis all logistic staff in Maiduguri and in the field.
- Direct management of field logisticians, assistant logisticians, drivers and guards.
- Ensure that MENTOR code of conduct and internal rules and regulations are adhered to and respected.
- Support malaria and other vector borne disease campaign planning and roll out:
- Train receiving agencies in necessary logistical requirements and ensure donor certificates are in place.
- Record distribution of materials to NGOs, MoH to NGO geographic coverage/ usage of materials.
- Support the logistical aspects of distribution of IRS/larviciding/fly-control materials to trained partners, and ensuring back up logistics for IRS/larviciding/fly-control campaigns in IDP camps as required.
- When required, represent the MENTOR Initiative in external coordination meetings.
- At the request of the CD, provide logistics support during field or assessment missions.
- Assist logistically the closing down of bases in the field if required including contact with authorities, and support to administration department.
- 50% time of travel to all sites within programme to monitor compliance with policies and procedures, review operational activities and work closely with field staff to enhance the operational support given.
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with the Technical and Project Field Coordinators.
- Ensure a good delegation and capacity building to the local staff under the direct responsibilities.
- Organize regular general team meetings as well as operational support meetings.
- Submit a summary report of activities carried out on a weekly basis. This report shall include identification of areas of weakness and strengths and recommendation for improvement in implementation and performance of the related tasks.
- Compile and submit Bi-weekly/Monthly MENTOR logistic reports.
- Contribute to MENTOR quarterly donor reports.
- Ensure the respect and adherence by expat and local team members to the MENTOR code of conduct including policies in regards to sexual harassment.
- As requested work with MENTOR HQ to share best practice across the organization.
- Take part in Annual report on the overall accomplishments, challenges and general analysis of the ongoing objectives in relation to the programme achievement.
- Support the CD in assessment missions when required.
- Assist the CD with field related information for external reports and/or donor proposals and in the creation of viable new proposals and budgets for future grants or Memorandums of Understanding.
- Represent MENTOR at State/National level meetings with the government and Health Partners to help inform and support a coordinated approach to disease control in Nigeria ensuring coordination and constructive working relations and attendance at relevant inter-agency coordination meetings
- Ensure a transparent and efficient exchange of data, context reports etc. with relevant stakeholders.
- Any other related duties as may be assigned by the CD, and agreed with the HQ Grants Manager and/or the Director.
- At least 5 years field experience as a logistician in emergency settings, including direct experience of security management
- Degree in operational and strategic logistics an advantage
- Solid prior experience working in complicated security contexts an advantage
- Knowledge of donor procedures
- Organised and good coordination / management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Team player
- Proven capacity to train others
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Practical, hands-on approach.
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Letter of Motivation and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.