Anadach Consulting Limited – Our client is a growing Facility in Lagos that places strong emphasis on the delivery of high-quality patient-centered care. They provide General Paediatric Services, Medical and Surgical Outpatient Consultations and specialized services for Adults.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patients’ experience, career opportunities exist for high performing medical professionals that can contribute in a rapidly growing organization to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Reports to: The Senior Nursing Officer
- The selected candidate will be responsible for the delivery of basic nursing care to patients.
- She will be responsible for ensuring uniformity in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to all patients, whilst upholding global standards enforced by management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare patients for physical examinations, observations, urinalysis, procedures, treatment and pre-employment screenings.
- Orchestrate various procedures such as wound dressing, incision and draining, injection administration, vaccinations, ear piercing, ear syringing, pap smear collection, urine sample collection, high vaginal swap and suture removal.
- Administer patients’ health checklist(s).
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of patients’ medical history, vital signs conducted procedures.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions while under observation.
- Engage patients for obtaining data on their circumstances in relation to diets and lifestyle for Doctors’ information.
- Identify accurately potential health risks confronting the patient for Doctors’ information.
- Assist Doctors’ in suturing procedures and to set up lines for patients under observation.
- Observe admitted patients while ensuring frequent checks of vital signs as required by standard nursing practice and administering medications to patients in line with Doctor’s prescription.
- Distribute as required, issued medical brochures and relevant medical information to ensure patients are well informed about topics such as childbirth, disease prevention and sexual health.
- Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture.
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical instruments before and after use.
- Deliver patient files to the senior nursing officer, especially for patients to be taken under observation.
- Flexibly work in all units within the department and/or clinic such as screening section, wellness clinic, specialist clinics, travel clinic, general practice, documentation and pharmacy.
- Liaise with the accounts team in order to receive funding for supplies needed.
- Raise requisition for required consumables
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with additional qualification or any other relevant training
- A minimum of 5 years post NYSC/qualification experience covering different aspects of nursing, especially immunization and family planning.
- Proven experience in international standard of nursing care.
Essential Competencies and Attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good documentation ability to prepare high-quality summaries and reports
- Good computer skills (previous experience in use of electronic medical record system or willingness to learn)
- Diligent and hardworking
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask
- Good team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to exercise discretion
- Should have a positive disposition to learning and willing to take on tasks.
- An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
- Should be pleasant, patient and honest.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.