Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Officer – Local Payment
Requisition ID: Treasury001
Employment Type: Full time
- Ensured timely processing and funding of LCs and Bills for the Collection for (5) lines for Obajana Plant after obtaining approval.
- Ensured timely processing of foreign direct payments and follow-up with the banks for quick remittance
- Ensure collection of telexes and filling it with the relevant supporting documents.
- Reviewing debits in the statements in respect of transactions processed and raising all necessary entries for posting by the Accounts Department
- Ensure documents are submitted to Account Department for posting prior to payment. Any payment un-posted in the account must be identified and relevant documents must be passed to the Account for immediate posting along with the statement under 24 hours.
- Maintains and Update LC Registers, Dom Account Payment Registers and other Remittance Registers
- Preparation of list of pending payments and submission of same for management approval for payments.
- Preparation of daily balances and collection reports for Navy Team
- Ensure provision of relevant documents to account in case of reconciling items relating to daily, mid-month and monthly reconciliation statements to the reconciliation team for immediate clearing.
- Assist in the processing of Statutory Payments for NIMASA, NPA, Vessel Charter and Demurrage thereof in respect of consignments for Gypsum, Coal, LPFO & AGO.
- Ensured proper and orderly filing of documents to enhance easy storage and retrieval by handing over documents for auto-scanning, archiving, and maintaining hard copies for a reasonable period before disposal.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- 3 – 6 years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Treasury best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good Organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem-solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online